Trustees of the Castleton Cemetery Assoc. recently unveiled a Historical Marker at Mountain View Cemetery in the Village of Castleton-on-Hudson on Scott Ave. The Association was able to obtain the marker with help from the Village and Town of Schodack.
The Castleton Cemetery Assoc. it was incorporated in 1855 by combining the Old & Church Burial Grounds. It is now called Mountain View Cemetery. The oldest burial is from 1811 and includes Veterans back to the Spanish American War. This historical Cemetery is the largest green space in the Village.