The U.S. EPA and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation regulate stormwater discharges from Municipal Separate Stormwater Systems (MS4s) in certain urbanized areas including the Village of Castleton. In compliance with the State and Federal MS4 requirements, the Village of Castleton has filed a Notice of Intent and prepared a Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP).
The Stormwater Management Plan outlines efforts to achieve 6 goals:
1. Public Education and Outreach
2. Public Involvement and Participation
3. Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
4. Construction Site Runoff Control
5. Post-Construction Runoff Control
6. Pollution Prevention and Good Houskeeping.
As part of this SWMP, the Village has adopted two local laws which can be found at the below links:
In addition the Village prepares and submits an Annual Report to NYSDEC. These reports may be seen by clicking on the appropriate Annual Report. You may provide comments by contacting the Village Stormwater Coordinator or attending annual public hearings held for the Annual Stormwater Report.
- pdf 2004-05 Annual Report (4.06 MB)
- pdf 2006 Annual Report (7.96 MB)
- pdf 2007 Annual Report (8.75 MB)
- pdf 2008 Annual Report (10.85 MB)
- pdf 2009 Annual Report (568 KB)
- pdf 2010 Annual Report (3.71 MB)
- pdf 2011 Annual Report (1.80 MB)
- pdf 2012 Annual Report (11.83 MB)
- pdf 2013 Annual Report (16.18 MB)
- pdf 2014 Annual Report (14.25 MB)